Using Self Love journal prompts is the perfect way for you to start to build up your Self Esteem and confidence.
Focusing on my self worth is one of the most effective ways that I was able to manage my mental health.
Having high self esteem greatly improves your mood, your depression and anxiety.
Therefore if you haven’t already added journaling to your self care routine, you need to start now!
What is journaling?
Journaling has become one of the biggest tools for improving mental health.
The basic idea is pretty simple really:
Step 1. Go out and treat yourself to a new notebook.
Step 2. Write whenever and however you like in your new notebook.
Benefits of journaling for self love
Sometimes anxiety feels like 100 things swirling round in your head….. most of them negative thoughts.
It really helps to get these thoughts down on paper.
This means you can start to analyse them so they are more organised and become less overwhelming.
Journaling has lots of benefits.
Many of which are different for each person. Here are some of the main ones:
- Reduces anxiety, depression and mental health problems.
- You get to know yourself better
- Provides a sense of clarity
- Builds self worth
- Helps you organise and analyse problems
- Puts things into perspective
- Improves your relationship with others
How often should I write?
You can write as often as you want to.
And as much or as little.
I find that journaling a couple of times a week works well for me to reduce my stress and manage anxiety.
IMPORTANT: Journaling will only help you if you actually do it!!!
Keep your journal somewhere accessible and try and fit it regularly into your routine.
This makes it easier to remember.
I usually write just before I do my positive affirmations for confidence.
If you are new to journaling, start off doing it for 5 minute sessions and then build up from this.
What should I journal about?
You can write about anything! There are loads of topics you can write about.
I think self love is a good place to start.
Sometimes it can be hard to think of things to write when you are just sat in front of a blank page.
This is where the self love journal prompts come in!
37 Self Love Journal Prompts
1. Write 3 things you like about your appearance
2. What is your favourite thing about your personality?
3. What do you think your biggest weakness is? How can you work on improving this?
4. Who are you most grateful for having in your life?
5. Is there something you keep ruminating about that happened a long time ago?
6. How would your best friend describe you?
7. I am happiest when…
8. What have you achieved that you are proud of?
9. I feel peaceful when…
10. What is unique about your personality?
11. What goals are you working towards?
12. What are things that you need to stop doing that are making you unhappy?
13. What is your favourite thing to do to treat yourself?
14. When do you feel most confident?
15. What do your family love about you?
16. What is the last charitable thing you have done? If it was a long time ago, start now!
17. What parts of your life are you happy with?
18. How would your life change if you were confident?
19. Why do you think self worth is important?
20. What is something you need to forgive yourself for?
21. What was the happiest time of your life? Why was that?
22. What traits do you admire in someone that you would like to have?
23. What parts of your life would you like to work on improving?
24. When was the last time you were kind to a stranger?
25. What habit do you need to stop?
26. What habit do you want to start for self love?
27. What are your morals and values?
28. What negative beliefs do you hold about yourself?
29. What is something you want to do every day to build your confidence?
30. What do you think would make you happy?
31. What do you want to do more of in your life?
32. What is the nicest thing you have ever done for yourself?
33. What is the nicest compliment someone has ever given you?
34. What is something you need to let go of?
35. Why do you deserve to be happy?
36. What is something you are going to do that is nice for yourself today?
37. Write down 1 self esteem goal for the future.
Pin these Self love journal prompts for later!